Monday, May 05, 2008

Sonia Dietz

I received some very sad news today. Sonia Dietz, a friend as well as former boss/mentor of mine, passed away this morning. She had been fighting cancer for years, as well as heart problems, and the combination was finally too much for her.

Sonia was a wonderful woman. I would not be where I am...who I am even...if it had not been for her. A fellow red-head, she helped teach me to exhibit patience when I needed to the most, and, well, how to schmooze...but then again, I may have had some of that in me already.

(Sonia in a rare 'more relaxed' moment, not that she would have ever posed for the photo.)

A friend of mine and I were going to go up and see her next month...we believed it would be the last time that we'd have to see her. Sadly, she died before we had that chance.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. I plan on going to the funeral up in North Carolina on Thursday, and I'm sure it will be nice. I'm sad to see her go.

We love and miss you, Sonia!

(Sonia and I at her last day at work in 2006)

1 comment:

DeskDiva said...

A lovely tribute, my friend. *HUGS*