Sunday, January 22, 2006

The blog is traveling (Seattle, day 1)

I'm in Seattle this week for business. Here's some pictures to wet your appetite...

It's been 25 years since I traveled out of the 'remote' E concourse at Miami International Airport. It was originally meant for international flights, and you have to take a special tram to get to it. In 25 years...I have not had to take that tram. Until today...

Wait yer turn...I said wait for it!

A tale of two sub-divisions. Shingle tile roofs on the left, tile roofs on the right. Which do you think fared worse in the hurricane?

A meal...served with scripture. In my entire life, ham, egg & cheese breakfast sandwiches have always turned my stomach. On this flight...they smelled good. Real good. Can not resist...and I ate the entire thing. I was not myself. Couldn't have been. Nope, wasn't me.

A real remote airport. I wonder what the car rental situation is like there...

If anyone can tell me what that ring-looking thing is...it was caused by the sun...it is NOT a photographic anomaly...please let me know.

Mountains in Idaho or Washington...who can say?...seen on my non-stop flight from Miami to Seattle...

One of the entrances to the Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle...

Lots of fresh fruit! And food! And, well, there were other stores and stuff...

...and...interesting...people to meet...and things to hold...

Stairs to descend into another level of Pike Place Market.

The Great Wind Up. Guess what type of toys they sell?

Get yer Librarian Action Figures Here! We got 'em all! Einstein! Jesus! Mozart! Male Nurse! Get yer hard-to-find action figures here!

The Space Needle!

Looking south at Downtown Seattle from the Space Needle. It was 1) windy and 2) cold. Brrrr. If *I'M* complaining about it being cold...it's cold...

The arcs you see in the distance are for the stadium where the Seattle Seahawks were playing for the chance to play in the Super Bowl (they won the game).

A panoramic view from the Space Needle!

No comments: