Sunday, January 01, 2006

What I'm looking forward to in 2006

Now that 2006 is here, I'm going have my expectations set. This is what I expect the year to provide for me. Yes, I'm demanding and unrealistic in this regard. ;)

MOVIES
There are many movies coming up in 2006 that I'm eagerly anticipating (in no particular order):
  • Miami Vice - I really enjoyed the series, and can't wait to see what they do with it on the big screen. It's also being done by the series' original creator...Michael Mann. I've seen the trailer, and I'm pumped.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Loved the first movie, can't wait to see the second and the third. Johnny Depp stopped the box office curse for pirate movies, and he's going to do it again.
  • X-Men 3 - I'm iffy on this one...I like the franchise overall. I'm not a comic book person, but it's been hugely enteraining overall. However, the key creative elements behind the first two movies moved onto other projects...so...we'll have to keep our claws..er..fingers crossed.
  • Superman Returns - Lots of debates with the wife over this one. This movie looks fantastic. It's going be fantastic. And it's STILL going to have Marlon Brando as Superman's father. Just wait. Huge hit.
  • V for Vendetta - Natalie Portman's new venture. I'm hoping she can act better...finally...because I believe she has incredible talent...just has had horrible directors.
  • Ice Age 2: The Meltdown - Great first one, cool trailer for second one...this will be good for the entire family.
  • Mission: Impossible: III - Yes, the title is correct. This time, J.J. Abrams (of 'Lost' fame) writes/directs. I think he can bring some real potential to this franchise. Wait and see!
  • The Da Vinci Code - Never read the book, but the recent trailer made me want to do so, and I will, before I see this movie. I'll be a band-wagoner on this one. Tom Hanks will nail it.
  • Cars - Pixar's next. 'nuff said.
No Harry Potter for 2006, sadly...it's slated to be released in 2007.

TV
  • 24 -Jack's back! After doing the Bruce Banner walk (minus sad piano music) at the end of last season, he's back to stab some more terrorists in the thigh. I'm sure he'll dig up Marwan if he needs to.
  • Lost - We're midway into the current season, and it's been as good as the first. Keep it going, J.J.!
  • Battlestar Galactica - Also at the halfway point for it's season, this is probably one of the best shows on TV right now. Everything about it just clicks.
HURRICANES
  • I'm not looking foward to any.
PEOPLE/PLACES
  • David Gilmour in concert at Radio City Music Hall in April - Got my tickets! Woohoo!
  • Europe - Our long planned family vacation to Europe will hopefully become a reality this year!
That's about it for now. In terms of resolutions...cleaning my home office. Gotta get that done.

I think I'll finish in December.

No comments: