Sunday, November 27, 2005

Lions and tigers and bears...oh my!

My entire family (and by that, I mean my local sister, her husband and daughter-in-law, my parents, my sister from Colorado and her daughter, and my wife and kids) went to MetroZoo today and had a blast. I think today was singularly the most perfect day I've ever had at any zoo. The temperature was just right, the sun and clouds were just right, the animals were all about...and my family got along wonderfully! The kids had a blast...

White bengal tiger

And a normal one

I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. He likes to...MOVE IT!

Okay...they didn't get up and sing and dance for me. Unfortunately.

Koala!

This girl turtle was avoiding the boy turtle like you wouldn't believe. I can understand why. I've never seen a turtle run that fast. If I had video taped it, sped it up and played Benny Hill music, it would have been hilarious!

Nice gorilla...block everyone's view...

Hi, Mr. African Elephant!

Otter! Swimming about...and they chirp like birds.

Lions! No male, tho...even though they have one. Somewhere.

A type of stork...but I forget the name.

Meekrats! I mean, meerkats! I saw a great special on a HD channel recently where a guy studied these in the wild. In the wild...they do not consider humans to be predators and will climb all over you. Must be fascinating as hell.

Hey, the animals are taking pictures of us! Who's the freak in the mirror?

My Orangutan relatives never seem to be very excited when I visit...

Flamingos...a Florida staple!

No comments: