Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Pictures (Part 3 - Venturing Outside)

Lots of photos here...hold onto your hats, folks!

This series of photos emcompasses my first adventures outside the house, and a little afterwards, including a walk around the lake behind my house.

The north side of my house seems to have come through ok...
12:00pm

The walkway going to the west is filled with downed trees...
12:00pm

The privacy fence between my next door neighrbor's house and mine. I own that fence. Put it on my bill. :(
12:01pm

A ground-view of my fence and backyard...
12:01pm

My roof. It should be gray/black. Orange-brown is NOT good. That's particle board.
12:03pm

Another view of my roof. :(
12:04pm

My fence into my backyard...it's leaning over, and I can't close the door.
12:04pm

Plants, shattered pots in the street.
12:05pm

Can't get out of our development that way!
12:05pm

Now that was some mighty strong wind to have bent that...
12:07pm

A closer look at a leaning tree on the lake, which pulled up the ground with it.
12:11pm

A panoramic view of the lake from my house
12:11pm

This is the tree that has the ibis in it...
1:12pm

Hmm...I wonder where all this metal came from...(Mystery #1)
1:13pm

The tree the pulled up the ground from my earlier photo. This would have gone into someone's house had it fallen all the way over...
1:17pm

A trashed roof, and backyards...
1:21pm

Panoramic view from the north end of the lake,looking south. My house is almost in the center of this picture.
1:22pm

A very very badly damaged roof. They must have extensive water damage inside.
1:22pm

Four houses, four different levels of destruction.
1:23pm

See what happened to this palm tree? This is what happened to the one behind my house. it snapped at the base.
1:26pm

This tree split at it's trunk, and the back portion fell into a house.
1:26pm

Mystery #1 solved. The metal on the east side of the lake is the roof/framework from this shed on the west side of the lake. That material flew about a quater mile!
1:30pm

Asphalt roof shingles litter...everywhere...including the lake. Some of these may be mine.
1:32pm

More roof damage.
1:34pm

Some of the trees that block the pathway to the west of my house.
1:37pm

Despite all this, the birds are returning. Pictured above is the state bird for Florida, the mockingbird.
1:39pm

No comments: